Security Consulting Consultant, Cloud Security Engineering (DevSecOps) Job at Accenture – Ottawa, ON
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Outsourcing and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Why Accenture Security?
Serving as a trusted security partner for more than 20 years to more than 330 clients across ~70 countries, Accenture Security helps organizations build resilience from the inside out so they can operate and grow confidently in a rapidly evolving threat landscape. Our 9000 security professionals bring exceptional industry expertise to tailor intelligent security services to our clients’ unique businesses and industries. We provide a full spectrum of services – from security strategy development, to business transformation to managed security services – on demand and at a global scale.
Leveraging our global resources and next-generation technologies, we create an integrated, comprehensive program tailored to each organization’s specific business goals and industry. Recognizing that there is no finish line in securing enterprises, we are constantly collaborating at our global cyber labs and centers with our broad, interdisciplinary innovation ecosystem of the best minds in security. Our focus on continuous innovation gives us a front lines perspective that ensures we are adapting to match the pace of security challenges.
Accenture’s unique ability to combine deep Security expertise across Strategy, Technology and Operations means that it we can offer clients an enterprise-wide security program to predict, protect, detect, and respond to threats in an industry specific context.
We currently have an opportunity for a full-time Cloud Security Engineer to join our Accenture Security team in Canada.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will work with clients to engineer security controls on the major Cloud platforms. Through an in-depth understanding of security best practices and industry security requirements, you will help clients to design and engineer secure cloud environments with a focus on cloud security automation and orchestration.
As a cloud Security Engineer at Accenture, you will be proficient in the core Cloud Security domains including identity and access management, data security, network security, encryption, security logging and monitoring. You will work closely with clients to assess their cloud security posture as well as engineer solutions to automate security in the cloud. You will also work side-by-side with client teams that rely on us as trusted advisors to engineer the cloud security recommendations we make.
- Design and engineer secure cloud solutions that meet client needs and align to industry best practices
- Perform technical risk assessments, threat modeling of cloud services, architecture security reviews, and offer technical security guidance as a trusted cloud security engineer
- Work directly with clients and Accenture teams in a multi-disciplined team structure, designing and implementing cloud security solutions across a variety of vendors
- Lead and manage the development of cloud Security go-to-market offerings and attend industry events on behalf of the security leadership team
- Develop deep working relationships with senior executives across Accenture account teams and at clients
Required skills and experience:
- Ability to probe and identify clients’ specific security needs and translate them into actionable security requirements
- Experience in designing and implementing cloud-native Security controls based on client requirements e.g: Engineering secure Landing Zones, Cloud Identity, Cloud IAM, Cloud HSM, SCC Premium, Cloud IDS, VPC-SCs, GCP DLP API etc. Experience with Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is preferred.
- Proficiency in translating cloud security controls into code with demonstrable hands-on experience in Terraform. Working knowledge of cloud API is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience with orchestration and configurations technologies such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or Ansible and data serialization formats like JSON, YAML, XML and HCL
- Minimum 4 years of supporting Windows and Linux-based enterprise services through bash and PowerShell
- Experience with DevSecOps tools, processes and engineering secure pipelines
- Strong understanding of security domains including, identity and access management, data security, network security, infrastructure security, application security, security operations, incident response & business continuity with proven expertise of hands-on cloud security experience per domain
- Experience in designing and implementing Cloud Security controls and services based on common frameworks e.g: CSA CCM, MITRE, NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, PCI DSS, GO-ITS, PIPEDA etc
- Experience with threat modelling and performing risk assessments against cloud services
- Experience using M.S Visio, Draw.io, Google Cloud Developer Cheat Sheet etc to illustrate architectures and data flows
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Industry recognized Professional Security certifications (e.g. CCSP) and/or Cloud certifications in the major cloud providers such as Azure, AWS or Google is preferred
- Experience working for the Big 4 or Global Systems Integrator is highly desired
Professional Skill Requirements
- In possession of, or able to qualify for, Canadian security clearance
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian
About the Company
Company: Accenture –
Company Location: Ottawa, ON